Journey to Wholeness Facilitator Training
March 27-29, 2020
The Journey to Wholeness (JTW) program was developed by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists to provide a safe environment for individuals recovering from addictions. These “Recovery Groups” follow the 12 Steps to recovery, as modified from Alcoholics Anonymous, through an Adventist & Christian approach. Facilitator training is key to successfully running the JTW program. You will learn from professionals working in addiction recovery as well as lay members who have integrated this program in their church and community.
Two segments of this course are available: In-person and Online through the Adventist Learning Community. Both are required to receive full training as a Journey to Wholeness Facilitator.
- To understand the process of addictions, including behavior and substance addictions.
- To understand the factors leading to addictive behaviors, including physiological and social constructs.
- To understand the 12-step process to recovery, including biblical foundation
- To gain skills in conducting a successful 12-step recovery program
- To recognize the role of the church in supporting the recovery process for individuals and communities
Note: Attendance is required at all sessions
Friday, March 27
7:00 pm – Registration opens – no payments during Sabbath hours
8:00 pm – Evening training
9:30 pm – Close
Sabbath, March 28
9:45 am – Sabbath morning service & training
12:30 pm – Lunch (provided)
1:30 pm – Afternoon training
6:45 pm – Close
Sunday, March 29
8:30 am – Morning training
12:00 pm – Lunch (provided)
1:00 pm – Afternoon training
5:30 pm – Close