The Celebration of Family Recovery weekend retreats are a spiritual retreat focusing on the biblical principles of the 12 Steps and personal stories reflecting God’s work in our lives. These retreats bring a new dimension of hope to anyone struggling with sin. It provides individuals and families the assurance of continuing recovery. They are Christ-centered, focusing on the constant need for divine power to enjoy a healthy life. A church-sponsored event such as this encourages those in the process of recovery to view the church as a healing, comforting and nurturing community, fulfilling the invitation of Christ Himself, “Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matt 11:28)
Weekend retreats are sometimes described as a mini camp meeting for persons in recovery and their friends. Some of the weekend’s activities include:
- Profiles in recovery are shared by presenters and participants.
- Workshops dealing with various aspects of recovery
- Prayer, music, and other planned activities
- Some retreats include activities especially planned for the children
- Saturday evening is usually a time to celebrate recovery anniversaries
Contact us for more information or to schedule a retreat.