For the tofu:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain and slice tofu to about 1/2” thick and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Chick Style Seasoning on the tofu and drizzle with olive oil, using your hands to spread the seasoning and oil on tofu.
- Flip, repeat, and put in the oven. Bake until it is starting to brown on both sides. Usually it takes about 20-30 minutes per side.
- When done, remove and set aside to cool. When tofu is cool enough to handle, slice into strips.
For the sauce:
- Add the almond butter, sesame oil, Bragg’s, cumin, ginger, jalapeño, lime, and water to a high speed blender and blend on high until very smooth.
For the rice noodles:
- Fill a pot with enough water to submerge the noodles and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, remove heat, add the noodles, and stir occasionally. Test noodles for doneness. Usually it takes about 7-10 minutes. Drain the noodles.
- Mix noodles with sauce so they do not stick together. Top with tofu strips, red bell pepper, bean sprouts, peanuts, and fresh cilantro. I like to top mine with a little extra sauce.
Check It Out