By Maggie Collins, MPH, RDN, CDCES, DipACLM
- This is a great option for those trying to cut back on calories without sacrificing flavor, as cauliflower is four times less caloric dense than potatoes.
- For those avoiding oils and concentrated fats, the garlic can be sautéed using a tablespoon of water or vegetable broth and cooked until the liquid evaporates.
- Wash cauliflower, cut florets into even pieces, and steam until very tender (about 20 minutes).
- In the meantime, sauté the garlic in the vegan butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly browned.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large food processor and process until puréed. Add the garlic butter, the Brazil nuts, the soy milk, and salt, and process until well combined.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve warm.
|Serving size||1 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7||9|
|Saturated Fat 1.5||8|
|Total Carbohydrate 12||4|
|Dietary Fiber 5||18|
|Total Sugars 4|
|Incl. 0 Added Sugars||0|
|Vitamin D 0||0|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet, 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|