- In a bowl sift together the flours and salt. Cut the margarine with a pastry cutter or with a fork or knife. Mix water into flour until dough pulls together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover and set aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6-8 equal parts. Form each part into a round. Roll out each round; dust with flour if necessary to keep from sticking.
- Set griddle to high heat. When pan is hot, transfer roti dough into the pan, wait for 6-7 seconds, then flip the roti over.
Roti will cook in 30-50 seconds
- Cook onions in a large skillet over medium for 3 minutes our until tender. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds, until fragrant. Add ginger, thyme, curry, red pepper flakes, cumin for additional 15-30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and water, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Slightly mashed the potatoes, then add peas and chickpeas and cook till warmed.
- Season with lemon, salt, and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Place about a cup of the filling in the center of a roti.
- Fold over the sides and fold up the ends as you would with a burrito.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce
Check It Out