- Heat dates and water in a saucepan until dates are soft. Place in a blender with honey, cashews, vanilla, maple syrup, molasses, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and pour in the blended mixture. Mix well, using your hands if needed.
- Spread out on two large cookie sheets
- Bake in oven for 2 hours at 225 degrees, stirring every 30 minutes.
- You can also bake this at 175 degrees for 8 hours, with no need to stir.
- We need a minimum of 130 grams of carbohydrates each day to maintain adequate brain function. We need an additional amount of carbs to maintain all the cells that use glucose. One serving of this recipe provides about 16% of your Daily Value of carbohydrates for a 2,000-calorie eating plan (about 40 grams).