- In a bowl sift together the flours and salt.
- Cut the coconut oil or margarine with a pastry cutter or with a fork or knife until the mixture resembles sand.
- Pour water into flour a little at a time, mixing. Knead with your hands until dough has formed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, sprayed with olive oil and season with salt.
- Transfer to pan and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly. Set aside
- In the meantime, place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with with salted water.
- Bring to boil and let cook until fork tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add chopped onions and saute for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Add crushed garlic, grater ginger, turmeric, and chopped celery.
- Saute for 2 minutes more. Add spices, cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced carrots, frozen peas and cook until carrots are tender.
- Add diced boiled potatoes, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowel and mash together.
- Add lemon juice and adjust seasoning to taste
Assemble and cook Somosas:
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick (about the thickness of a tortilla).
- Using a 4-inch cookie cutter or glass, cut out rounds.
- Scoop 1- 2 tablespoon of the vegetable curry. Fold it over and make a triangle and press the edge to seal completely.
- Use a fork to make a crimping pattern on the edges.
- Arrange the somosas in a baking tray or use an air fryer .
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350, until golden brown.
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes before serving.