In order to qualify for the CABL program, your activities must meet certain requirements, as listed below.
You must plan at least one activity from each of the following four areas. A minimum of four events are required for each school year.
- Mental/Emotional Health— Examples include Addiction Prevention/Recovery. (Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gaming, pornography, eating disorders, depression seminars, stress reduction, etc.)
- Physical Health— This could include programs such as the NAD In Step for Life, Lets Move Day, fitness events, runs, triathlons, healthy eating and cooking, etc.
- Spiritual Health— Spiritual events including special speakers, Bible studies, spiritual health programs, general spiritual health, etc.
- Social Health— Activities and programs that build social well being that could include camping trips, groups social activities to build community relationships both on and off the campuses, game nights, or community social programming.
The following are highly recommended.
- Facebook. Create a CABL Facebook page for your school and us it to advertise and share about your events. Like and tag the NAD CABL Facebook and Twitter accounts on the reports.
- Logos. Use one of the official CABL logos on promotions or advertising. School logos can also be added.
Following are some ideas for programs and activities. Talk with your faculty advisor to plan events that will be the most useful for your campus. Focus each activity on the health of your fellow students or as an outreach to the community.
- CABL challenge week or weekend with a theme of choice: guest speaker, activities, student involvement
- 12-step weekly or biweekly Addiction Recovery meetings for students during the school year using Journey to Wholeness materials. Visit nadhealth.org/recovery/ for more information.
- Healthy Eating: Special diets, weight loss, eating disorders
- Stress reduction
- Social activities to promote positive community
- Off campus health/wellness outreach
- Health Fair or expo: on or off campus
- Health screenings: malls, churches, schools
- Positive mental health: depression, emotional intelligence
- Vegetarian cooking classes
- Sponsor a community/vegetable garden or farmers market on campus
- Other suggestions or programs. Must be approved by your faculty sponsor and the CABL Coordinator (Paul Lehmann)